Woodlands weekly room charge is currently set at €750 per week plus a further €1 per day social activities charge making a total weekly charge of €757.
Prospective residents may apply to the HSE for part funding under the Nursing Homes Support Scheme (Fair Deal) which provides financial support for people who need long-term nursing home care (see Application Form and Information Booklet under Links section). Under the Fair Deal Scheme, qualifying residents will make a contribution towards the cost of your care and the State will pay the balance. This applies whether the nursing home is public, private or voluntary – it’s the resident’s choice. Ideally, an application should be made well in advance of admission to the home and details on entitlements should be discussed directly with the HSE.
The balance of the cost of the room will be invoiced to the resident each month in arrears abd various payment options will be accepted including a direct debit facility.
Woodlands weekly fee above includes the following services and facilities:
- Bed & Board
- Group Physiotherary
- Nursing and personal care appropriate to the level of care needs of the person
- Laundry Service
- Basic aids and appliances necessary to assist a person with the activities of daily living
- Social Programmes such as Activities
For the avoidance of doubt, the fee does not include:
- Private Physiotherapy
- Incontinence Wear (currently reimbursed separately by the HSE for most residents)
- Dry cleaning
- Ophthalmic and dental services
- Transport (including accompanying care assistant costs if necessary)
- Specialised wheelchairs
- Hairdressing and other similar services
- Non-GMS medicines & dressings